Wednesday 30 March 2011

More Mothers Day

Hi Guys

Am still going with the Mothers Day cards and enjoying looking through all of the blogs that I follow for inspiration.  I cannot believe how talented people are, I hop from blog to blog then I cant remember where I saw a card I wanted to make because I'm about three blogs past it!  It is a fantastic way to spend time but very addictive and I have to seriously monitor the amount of time I spend doing it.  Ah, all in good fun.

This next card is my own creation and its very simple just stamping images from Artistic Etchings randomly around the card.  I have used Early Espresso for the letters which are Broadsheet Alphabet and matching cardstock.  The circle is stamped in Baja Breeze and the 2 corners of CS are Baja Breeze also.  The other items are stamped in Chocolate Chip and some are stamped off too which gives a bit of depth.  I've then used the sponge daubers with Chocolate Chip ink to give an aged effect. 




It was my daughter Megans 15th Birthday yesterday and so I made some cards for the little miss and also some cupcakes ;o)  The cards were easy - the cupcakes, not so much!  By the time I had finished icing and decorating them the kitchen was like a bomb site, you would have been forgiven for thinking I had asked my 5 year old to do it!!  It was worth it in the end and they looked fab on the cute cake stand which I got in Sainsburys, they really do think of everything these days.




And of course I made the cards too.  This one was created using Basic Black, Melon Mambo & Whisper White CS,  the Ornament Punch was used for the vase and the Boho Blossoms Punch for the flowers.  The flowers are punched out in Melon Mambo & Real Red CS after being stamped in the Craft White Ink in the Punch Potourri Hostess Set.  The sentiment is from a US Stampin Up set called Wonderful Favourites.




The colours here are very similar with Melon Mambo & Whisper White CS again but this time I've added in Pumpkin Pie for the accent flowers and some little pearls to make it even more girly.  The background flowers are stamped in Old Olive Ink from the Just Believe set and are topped with the 2 smaller flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch.  I think they turned out very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment