Monday 30 May 2011

Second attempt for LIM challenge

Hi Guys

Well it doesn't get much simpler than this....or so you would think.  This is my 3rd attempt at this card and I still didn't really get what I was looking for :(  I had an idea/picture in my head but it never really translated.  I'm sure this happens to everyone but it is soo frustrating. 

I've stamped the image using Sahara Sand then restamped slightly to the right in Basic Black, I wanted to give the illusion of depth but in previous attempts the card ended up looking too busy in the one little square so instead of several lighter stamps and the one in Black I just have one of each.  It definately needed something so I used my marker pen to colour the "for you" part of a stamp from the Level 1 hostess set "Afterthoughts".




To make this card: (all products are Stampin Up unless stated otherwise)
Card - Whisper White
Ink - Sahara Sand, Basic Black
Stamps - Just Believe, Afterthoughts

Submitted to Less Is More Challenge

See you
Stacex

20 comments:

  1. I think it works! It's a lovely image and I like the offset image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard enough to stamp an image once never mind twice! I think you have done a fantastic job with this, really classy card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the double stamping really does give a shadow effect. I know what you mean about these "simple" cards turning into monsters, they certainly are a challenge! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm loving this card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, the double stamping effect really works too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is lovely, you have done a really good job with the stamping x better than I could have done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - love the effect of the double stamping

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it!
    it;s annoying when our cards turn out different that we imagine, mind you that's all the time for me lol
    Thanks very much
    Diva LIM mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! The shadow effect definitely gives the card some dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This may not be what you intended, but I love the way this card turned out! Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Stacey! The colours are perfect and I love the sentiment there too.

    I'm not going to convention this year but I bet you'll all have a fab time! Get those Minnie Mouse ears out now! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stamp used here, and the complimentary colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this one Stacey... as you may have gathered I love the stamp set too!
    Thanks so much yet again.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that stamp set....and rarely does my card look remotely like I've envisioned it! LOL!
    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Stacey, fabulous image and I love ohw you've over stamped in the darker colour - stunnings!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Love the double stamping. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely image and effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is amazing! I really thought you'd cut the image out at first! Very real shadow x

    ReplyDelete