Tuesday 4 October 2011

Black Magic & Video tutorial

Hi Guys

I have been doing some youtube tutorials which is a lot of fun and I must admit to spending a little bit more time than I should trawling around card making videos myself!  Todays card is showing the technique Black Magic.  The basic idea is to stamp onto Basic Black card stock using white craft ink and then use watercolour pencils to colour in your image.  The coloured image then just seems to pop off the page, its lovely.  I think the first time I saw this was at Michelle Lasts Quarterly training and I think it was Sandie Brain who showcased it for us that day.  Thanks for that Sandi!




To make this I used
Cardstock - Whisper White, Basic Black, Certainly Celery
Ink - White Craft
Tools - Watercolour pencils
Stamps - Because Of You, Lovely As A Tree

I may try a few of these for Christmas as I really like them.

See you soon
Stacex

2 comments:

  1. Stacey,

    Thank you. At least I now know at least one person stayed awake through my Workshop WOW. LOL

    Cards look brilliant, must play more with this technique.

    Love Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes I was definitely awake ;o)

    Hope to see you soon.

    Take Care
    Stacex

    ReplyDelete