Monday 19 September 2011

Following on from last night

Hello

I'm back and I bet you all thought I'd forget, haha, nope.  Here are the last two cards I did at Lorraine's technique class




The background here was created running acetate through the big shot then rubbing the raised parts with a nail file, its a lovely effect.  The trees are of course from Season Of Joy, a huge fav of mine.  Luckily I did this class with my best buddy Gill who very nicely pointed out that I cut all the bottoms off my trees, oops! Had to root around my scrap paper to find them and quickly cut and glue them on, thanks Gilby ;o)

This next card is a stunner, everyone I have shown it to, loves it.  This is using a brayer which I have to admit is not my favourite thing but it turned out beautifully and I think I'll be doing brayering at my next class, can you believe it!


Isn't that a beautiful scene?  Lovely as a tree is a wonderful set and defiantely a staple.  We used acetate and Stayz on black ink with glossy card.  Stamping first the 'real' trees, then stamping again onto the acetate, turning it over, and rubbing it so that some of the ink comes off but not as much as with the stamped image above it, giving the illusion of a reflection.  I adore this card.

Alrighty people thanks for stopping by.
Stacex

No comments:

Post a Comment